Friday, August 28, 2009

Week 30: The Big 3-0!

Yesterday I was officially 30 weeks along, and much like turning the big 3-0 (not that I've experienced it myself, but so I've heard), I expected it to be a big deal, but honestly, it was sort of anticlimactic and just like any other day :) Overall, this past week has been a good one though. I think I can safely say I am completely over that respiratory virus that AC and I had a few weeks ago (I've actually been feeling better for a while, but was afraid to jinx myself by admitting it). The diarrhea also appears to be gone, and whether it was the result of a stomach bug or because I ate too many of those Chinese dates that AC's stepmother sent me with the express instructions that I eat five a day throughout my pregnancy (I had given up eating them for a while because of the loose stool problem, but had just resumed my five a day regimen when the flood gates opened, prompting me to abandon them until I'm actually constipated) doesn't matter--I'm just relieved not to have to worry about becoming dehydrated or Ziggy not getting the nutrition he needs.

Speaking of Ziggy, I can't wait to see him in less than a week! He must really be running out of room in there because his movements have become a lot more subtle, almost muffled. I actually sometimes have a hard time telling if he's moving just by feeling him from inside. I have to either look at my stomach to see the movement or place my hand on my tummy to feel it from the outside. He still favors the left side of my abdomen most of the time, and AC and I like to joke that this means he will be a left-leaning liberal, which is fine by me, but I think AC would prefer if he were more moderate and central :)

This past week we also completed the last two of our prenatal classes, Preparing for Birth on Saturday (all the couples were having baby boys this time!), where I won another pack of 20 newborn diapers for having the furthest away due date, and Infant CPR and Safety yesterday, where my record of winning something at every class was finally broken. Oh well, 3 packs of 20 newborn diapers and a book on breastfeeding is a pretty good haul! Both classes had a lot of good useful information and handouts. I definitely feel like we're more prepared for the little guy's arrival now, which could be as early as 7 weeks from now or as late as 12 (assuming he arrives full term between 37-42 weeks)!

No comments: